Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rainy Day

It has been rainy days yesterday & today. There was a little bit of a chill today also, but not like the cold of last month. The ground is soaked and it is time for more than a few sunny days to come out. I mowed the front lawn about a week ago and now it is looking bad, as soon as it goes a day without raining, I will be mowing it again.

I hadn't run in about 10 days or so, until last night. After my Holy Name meeting, I went to the Community Center and got in a very short run. They are resurfacing the walking track, so I had to use a treadmill. I got there only about 20 minutes before closing, so I was only able to get in 1.2 miles--somewhere around 12:50 pace. I did run the whole mile though which was kind of surprising since I hadn't run in so long. I will get some kind of run in this weekend, even if it has to be in the rain.

I am still reading my two books. Mostly been concentrating on The Lord of the Rings. I finished the first book and well into the 2nd book. I am just past 500 pages so a little over halfway done. I am really enjoying reading it and it is making me want to see the movies again--I will make myself wait until I have finished the book completely though.

That should do it for tonight, I will keep it kind of short this time.

No comments: