Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lunch at School

My personal time at work hit its max on accural, so I took half a day off today. Rose has asked before if I could come and have lunch with her at school so today it happened. It was kind of fun, I got to eat a hot dog, baked beans, pasta salad and juice--not too bad. Best of all I got to spend some good time with Rose & her classmates. I also got to see Thomas as his lunch was ending and got to say hi to his friends David & Hannah.

Since it was rainy today, not much else got done in the afternoon. Angie took her nap & I read some of my Lord of the Rings & Debbie watched a show or two & got a short nap in. After supper, we needed a prescription for Thomas so I rode my bike to Walgreens again to pick it up. This is my 3rd ride to Walgreens for those keeping score. With gas prices again jumping 20 cents to around $3.79--riding to work is becoming more likely every day. Rose & I then walked to a nearby ice cream shop & picked some up for a late dessert.

After getting the kids in bed, we tried a movie. I had DVR'ed The Electric Horseman and Debbie stuck it out for about half an hour before she gave up. I still like the movie but after not seeing it for a long time, it is not as good as I remembered either. I still watched the whole thing though.

I am off again tomorrow so I have a nice long Memorial Day weekend. We don't really have anything planned. We thought about camping but figuring this to be a crowded weekend at campsites and having no reservations, kind of decided no on that. We will just have to see what the weekend brings for us.

No comments: