Thursday, May 15, 2008

Running update & another yearly goal done

I don't have much to talk about today, in fact May has been a tough month for me to find things to type up for this journal/blog. Since not much else going on, I figured a quick running update to start with.

I ran 3.1 miles tonight. It was rainy most of the afternoon but by the time I left work a little late and fought traffic and then changed clothes in my car, the rain had let up. It was colder than it should be and along with a cold wind it wasn't much fun. I averaged around 12:40 overall, the first mile was somewhere around 12:15, then a 12:50 and then a 13:05 I think with a slow .1 to finish it up. One of my friends has signed up for a Memorial Day race, she signed up for the 10k, I am thinking maybe the 5k if anything. I am just so slow right now I am not sure I want to put myself through that. Racing or at least running with people would probably be good for me though and I should do it if I can fit it in my schedule.

On Monday, PSR night, I ran 4.0 miles, again slow. I don't remember off hand what the times were, but I think the overall was again in the 12:40 range. I was most happy about the 4.0 miles and also that I went on some hilly streets, I really felt it in my legs running those hills. That puts me at 7.1 miles so far this week. I need to get some kind of run in this weekend and get me over 10 miles--that is probably the minimum I should be averaging as a weekly total.

Tomorrow is bike to work day. It is not happening for me. The kids have something going on at school around 5, so no way riding a bike would I be home in time for that. Also with all of the rain this week, I am guessing there will probably be rain tomorrow as well. The riding my bike to work thing is still something that I want to make happen though so expect updates in future.

Finally, I did get another one of my yearly goals done, at least started I guess. I got 6 tomato plants planted along with flowers in my little flower area in the backyard. For Mother's Day Debbie wanted flowers planted in the pots on our front porch. I got 4 different kinds of flowers/plants and they only came in boxes of 8 so I had quite a few leftovers. I planted these leftovers in my backyard on Tuesday and then dug up my garden area and planted my 6 tomato plants. So far everything is looking good. I do want to put something else in the garden, but I say this everytime I do a small garden and nothing else gets done. Well this is a new year so maybe that will finally change also. I still have a few Marigolds to plant. I saved them to put around the garden since I was told they help keep pests away from the garden--not sure if it will help or not but figured I would give it a shot.

I have not started a 2nd book yet. I have grabbed The Memory Keeper's Daughter but have not started it yet. Not sure if I want to get into it right now or not. It is a book that I want to get read this year but not sure if I want to tackle it while Lord of the Rings is taking up most of my reading time right now. Might look for something else tonight.

No comments: