Sunday, May 25, 2008

Still Not Much

There still isn't much to talk about. Yesterday--Saturday I did get a good run in of around 6.3 miles. It was slow, averaging around 12+ per mile, but felt good. On Friday, Debbie & I walked around the lake at Creve Couer, somewhere around 4 miles. Not a run but still good exercise. Today was nothing as far as exercise though. I thought it would be a good day to just rest the legs a little. Also it was on & off showers all day.

I did get started on the last book of the Lord of the Rings. I have somewhere around 350-400 pages to go. I have picked up and just read a few pages of The True Story of Fatima or something like that title. It is written by a priest back in the '50's I think. Not too far into it yet but will probably stick with it.

I also hit the used bookstore yesterday. I got Hemingway's Old Man and the Sea, On the Road with Jack Kouroc--however you spell his name. Each book was $2.50I also bought the 3 books in the Dune series. I had read Dune once before but not the other 2 books. I found 2 out of the 3 for a $1 each and the 3rd for $2. These books weren't the insane cheap prices that I get at the libararies but still 5 books for under $10 seems like a good deal to me.

No comments: