Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away...

This has been a strange year so far in the weather department. It was a long cold and snowy winter. It has been a very wet spring. At least no big hail storms have hit St Louis though. Today there was a tornado sited at Page & I-170, which is very near my house. The tornado didn't touch down thank goodness. I would guess a tornado hitting a city/suburb has be a very scary thing for most people. While it is not good where ever they hit, it seems like rural areas and mobile homes are the favored targets of tornados. I just haven't heard too many instances of them touching down in urban areas. I know I have seen video of them running down a street in Tulsa and growing up in NE, I know they have hit Omaha a few times--I think one street corner was hit twice within a couple of years.

As far as the rain though, it is just making it hard to get much done on my lawn and other outside projects. I need to trim some of the bushes around the house. Also need to clean the gutters. And there is still that one goal I had of getting the garage painted. I think it rain part of each day of this long weekend. I don't know how much over normal rainfall we are at this point, but likely into double digit inches.

No comments: