Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Running & new goal?

I was able to get a short run in Sunday night around 9pm. It was only 2.25 miles but it felt good to get hot & sweaty before going home to no AC. A cool shower and a lot of ice cream & it was all good. I don't remember the time--probably somewhere between 12:30 & 13:00 if I had to guess.

This is Vacation Bible School week for the kids, which basically means Debbie & I get a couple of hours together each night in peace. Well Monday was shopping night, Tuesday was eat out at a decent restaurant & then a short walk night, Wednesday was go for a run night. We ran/walked with heavy emphasis on walk together for 2 miles--somewhere around 16+ minute miles. Debbie's legs got hot & itchy, they just weren't used to any type of running. After those 2 miles Debbie grabbed her book and read a little while I went for a little longer. Thinking I would do 1 or 2 more miles, I ended up doing 3 miles. Each mile time was under 12 minutes, that 2 mile warmup really helped. I now have 2 runs in so far this week. Thursday & Friday sound like they are out for running days and now Saturday might be a float trip day so could be looking at just these 2 for the week.

New AC is in and working good, thank goodness.

Still working away on my two books, See You Later Alligator and Bowerman and the Men of Oregon. No 3rd book yet. I was talking to a friend at work about authors & Willa Cather came up. Whenever I think of her I also think of another NE author Mari Sandoz. Those two are kind of inspirations to make me want to actually try to write something. Of course that is kind of why I started this blog, to get typing something even this mundane stuff about my life. So far I have had no inspirations on writing fiction/short story/novel, but might see what I can do. I just don't know where or what type of format I should be doing this in. I don't think I would want to do it on this blog, maybe a 2nd blog only for writing. More likely just a word document that I keep double saved in case of a computer crash. I might have to think about this and then get started. Maybe I need to make this a new goal to work it into my head a little more.

No comments: