Saturday, July 12, 2008

Stuff

It has been almost a week since I have typed anything so I think I will just go with one of those quick lists type things again.

--Reading. Still working on Fatima, somewhere around 100 pages left. I would guess a week still, but could be less or more. Also started reading Bowerman and the Men of Oregon. This is about the long time coach of Oregon track & cross country. So far just going through his early years. An interesting childhood, strongly influenced by his parents divorce and being raised by his mother & her extended family--father was out of the picture till he was old enough to basically say I want nothing to do with you. Does form a relationship with his step sisters though. Like I said an interesting life story so far.

--Running. I did get a run in on Monday, I think. It was only 3 miles and averaged around 12:50 or there abouts. I wanted to get a 2nd run in this week & it just hasn't happened. Won't happen today either. Sunday is still a possiblity though.

--Garage Sale. My wife & I did a garage sale today with the money made going to the Down Syndrome Association. This is part of the fundraising we have been doing for Thomas and the Buddy Walk to get him on the field for the Cardinals baseball game.

--Callenger Baseball. Thomas has his final baseball event/All Star game/awards thing tonight if it doesn't rain out. It is at Berra Park on the Hill. It is the park across the street from where Yogi Berra grew up. Should be fun, just hoping for no rain/storms.

--Swimming lessons. Rose has been taking swimming lessons this last week. She has already done 4 lessons and has 4 more this upcoming week. She is really enjoying it and says she is really learning. I hope so, we have been kind of lax on getting her into this earlier.

--no updates on gararge, garden--still just growing with lots of green tomatos, biking to work and many, many other things.

No comments: