Thursday, July 24, 2008

Slow Run

Another night of Vacation Bible School and another chance to get out and do a run. Tonight my wife and our oldest skipped out on VBS & hit the library to stock up on books. I took the other two to VBS & then went to a nearby park to get a run in. It was lightly raining and even though I wasn't very inspired I figured I had to get this in. Friday & Saturday are probably out as far as running so tonight was probably my last chance for the week.

Well I got 3.25 in. It was very slow, around 13:50 kind of slow. While I know that I was slow, I think my Garmin might have been struggling since I was running in an area with many trees--my Garmin might not have been registering all of the time. Anyway even if my Garmin was a little off, it was still slow.

Afterwards I hit Subway & got a $5 footlong ham sub and downed that before picking up the kids. It was loaded with veges & it is one of the 6 grams of fat or less sandwiches so I figured it wasn't so bad. Would have been better just eating half, but that is where I just have a hard time of it.

The Cards blew another one to the Brewers. Still many games to go so not in panic mode but hate losing those that they should have won. Well, I think I have a few minutes of reading now before turning in.

No comments: