Sunday, September 20, 2009

Culture Warrior--#57 finished

This is one of Bill O'Reilly's books. Not too bad since I am pretty conservative, many of the things he talked about kind of fit with my beliefs. His dividing the two sides into a Traditionalist vs Secular Progressives was kind of uncomfortable to get used to throughout the book. I am not sure if that is an accurate way to divide things up, but O'Reilly went into his reasons and made his argument.

Overall kind of good but there were some problems that I saw. He kept mentioning how he has been attacked and he certainly has, but that is really part of his business. While he mentions this also, I think he was playing this up too much. Also, I believe that he does take on issues for their possible ratings boost, not just because he believes he is fighting a "cultural war". Let's face it, even if you completely agree with him, you still have to admit that the ratings are his real barometer on how is is doing.

I have posted it on PBS, there were already 6 other copies, but I am the optimistic sort so I am hoping they move kind of quickly. Maybe a month or so I this one could be getting mailed out.

No comments: