Thursday, November 1, 2007

First Nov Post

I think I am just going to do a quick bullet point thing again.

--Reading now: The Bronx Zoo, Sparky Lyle & Peter Golenbock. I read this book back in high school or maybe jr high & figure it is probably as good as time as any to re-read. Still a funny and interesting read so far, just trying to figure out how much I missed/didn't understand first time through. Also plodding away still at Ancient Israel book.

--Halloween was good & bad. Kids generally had fun. Rose got to go with some of cousins for some extended trick or treating--good for her. Thomas had a really tough time. He wanted to go inside each house we went to and would scream & fight then when we didn't. He was fine just playing at Grandma's. Thomas & Angie liked helping mom hand out candy when we got back home. I don't know how Angie really was doing trick or treating since I was mostly wrestling Thomas at that time.

--I don't know if I have mentioned this earlier or not, but I am a member of our local parish's Holy Name Society and also the secretary of the Archdiocesan Union of the Holy Name Society or AUHNS. As an organization, it is old style and old membership in general. The national president is from St Louis and also part of the AUHNS. At our last meeting it sounds as though a real change in how things are going to be done at the top is happening. It is a good organization, but it really needs a shot in the arm to be able to be reintroduced throughout the US.

--I ran 4 miles last Sat & 3 on Monday. Nothing since, although the plan is to run after work tomorrow. The 4 on Saturday were all under 12:00 minute miles, probably my best run in the last month or so. Hopefully, I will get in the Friday run and a Sat or Sunday run also. No races or anything in the horizon, need to put more miles in before I can really think about that.

--Some alumni from my fraternity at SLU are talking about getting together the first weekend of Dec. Some emails going back and forth. I will probably try to get to at least one event so I can say I was there, but really not too excited about it overall. Probably because most of the guys are from 2 or 3 or more years after I joined. I know them but they were really not who I was hanging out with in college.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Daryl,
If you like Peter Golenbock, you might enjoy this audio interview with him!
Thanks,
Bob