Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bow Grip--#32 finished

I really enjoyed this book.  Interesting & diverse characters working through some difficult periods in life.  Joe the main character has that every man kind of feel to him, except a low sperm count & wife leaving him for another woman have seem to thrown him off track.  He seems to finally realize he needs to deal with some things in his life that he has been putting off and travels to Calgary to do so.  In Calgary he meets several people/new friends that seem to have found ways into his life. 

At the end of the book, you, the reader, just kind of knows that things will work out for him.  I wished that there was more to the book, showing the next steps in his life, but like I said you have the feeling all will be good for Joe.  Good book & would recommend it.  It is on like 4 people's WL at PBS, so I will probably list it.  I was thinking about keeping it but figure it would be best to share this book with others that are waiting for it.  

Ivan E Coyote, the author, is one that I will be looking for other books by her.  The ease of reading this book very much reminded me of the Poe Ballantine books I have read.  Ivan has also written short stories as well and will probably have to check these out if I can find them.  

No comments: