Monday, November 9, 2009

Phi Beta Bimbo--#69 finished

Well another chic lit book, this one more romance though and another not very good book. Hot & Bothered and My 15 Minutes were the two that were decent to good. This one, Phi Beta Bimbo falls in line with The Spy with the Silver Lining and Au Pairs and probably Chasing Harry Winston falls here too. Now that I am looking at it, I am not sure why I am even reading this many chic lit books. I guess when I am at 69 books read for the year, I need to keep an expanded list of types of books I will read, but I expect far fewer of these next year and beyond.

Phi Beta Bimbo was really just not very good. I was almost insulted at times for how stupid and just basic lacking creativity this book showed. It has a catchy title and a somewhat interesting premise but that is about all it has going for it, the story, the dialogue and the characters are very two dimensional at best. This is just not a good book.

I have already posted it on PBS, there are somewhere around 60 other copies ahead of it. Not sure when or if it will move at all, but with the catchy title there is hope right. Will probably end up being a give away book at some point.

No comments: