Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Venetian Betrayal--#70 finished

A good book, some action some good history and some leaps of faith stuff. Good read with interesting and even somewhat believable possibilities. I have a few of these Steve Berry books and figured this was a good one to read first. I think I jumped into the middle of a series or at least ones where the main character was introduced prior to this, because there were references back to other things. It didn't take away from the book, but it is sort of a pet peeve of mine when reading a book, oh well. Still a good read and does make me want to read some of those other books I have laying around.

It was about a unified Asian country of basically the foreign USSR Asian provinces that is now ruled by an elected tough woman. She is obsessed with Alexander the Great as well as going to war with neighboring countries. The Venetian guy is a corrupt scientist that found a cure for AIDS but has held it back until it would make him more money. Through in some US spies and various other characters and there you are. Some good stuff in here and some things that kind of make you scratch your head but not really so bad to take much away from the book. Overall a good read, I enjoyed it.

There were already 22 copies on the system so I knew it wouldn't be going anywhere soon, but figured if I get it read it will be in the pipeline for hopefully getting mailed off at some point in the future. I am right now reading The Louisiana Purchase and am looking to start one or two more in the next day or two.

No comments: