Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Rider--#68 finished

This is a short book written back in the late '70s by Tim Krabbe' a writer, chess player and a cyclist. I really enjoyed it with all of what is going through a cyclist's mind during a long road race. I enjoyed the back and forth between the competitors as well as within the rider himself. For a small book, only 148 pages, it packs a lot into it. If into cycling at all, I would think you would enjoy it. While I rarely ride my bike and never competitively, I do enjoy watching the Tour De France each year on TV. Of course Versus has been kicked off Direct TV for now so not sure if I will be watching it next year or not yet, still plenty of time for them to get it sorted out.

The Rider is on 2 WL & I have posted it just waiting for the first person to accept it. I also have that Bill O'Reilly book Culture Warrior to mail. It is going to Norfolk, NE, just down the road from where I grew up, about 45 minutes. That was the nearest big city with a mall and movie theaters when I was growing up. It will be my first book to NE also. Hopefully The Rider will be accepted so I can mail them together.

No comments: