Sunday, August 22, 2010

In a Pickle--#53 finished

A good book, nice story about small farms and small town living back in 1955. It is in Wisconsin and the story revolves around a cucumber station. It hits on what will become of these small towns and small farmers with the new trends being bigger farms and operations. While it asks these questions, it doesn't really answer them. I think the author misses those times and doesn't see farming today as progress. Things change and while he mentions this, he doesn't really seem to believe it. Oh well, a good story and a good book. I will keep my eye out for other books of his since they all deal with small towns, small family farms and schools.

This book does have 1 WL so I will be posting it to mail off to the next person. Not too many books by this author have shown up on PBS so I figure at least get this one out there. I will probably post Lush Life also.

By the way, a nearby library had their big sale this weekend. I picked up 13 books for $10, a little more than I expected but I am very happy with the books I got. I also stopped at a resale shop and picked up 3 other books, on Martin Cruz Smith book and 2 others that were cheap. A good weekend for adding to my growing collection.

No comments: