Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Race -- #8 finished

This was a quick read over the weekend--The Race by Dave Shields.  It is a cycling book about an American rider in the Tour De France.  Story is probably more just okay, but the build up of the race day and the info of some of the inside stuff of the race is very good.  It was a real page turner for me.  I will be handing it off to other people I know that are a lot more into cycling than myself & see what they think.

I also grabbed October Men by Roger Kahn earlier this week.  Talks about the Yankees and their stars, especially in the playoffs.  I think the Steinbrenner years in the late '70s is the focus but he is kind of bopping around the several Yankee teams as well.  A good fun read so far with some good insight that I just wasn't aware of.  I am somewhere halfway through it so still have a ways to go.  I am also working on War & Peace still--somewhere around 525 done so far.  I is just hard to get much done at any one time.  I think over this 3 day weekend for me(I was off work Friday) I have read around 50 or 60 pages which is okay but hardly a dent in this book.  Of course The Race & October Men also had a lot of attention this weekend also.

AZ Cardinals gave it a very good game but could not keep the lead at the end and the Steelers took the game.  Good game and the 2nd half was very fun to watch.  Cardinals made too many mistakes but still had the lead near the end.  It will be interesting to see how this Cardinal team responds next year to being so close.  Usually teams losing the SB falter the next year, but the Cards should be hungry, so it should be fun to watch.

No comments: