Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Last Oracle--#40 finished

A good adventure spy type book with a lot of good science stuff on nuclear messes in the old Soviet Union, autism, Gypies and the Oracle of Delphi. Overall a good read with a lot of action and interesting stuff going on. Some of the characters and the whole idea of savants seems like a stretch, but I guess close enough of possible to still make it enjoyable.

The end of the book seemed just way too unlikely to happen, almost like the author knew what the end was going to be and pieced something together to get it there. Like I said a little too unlikely, but again not so much that it made the book a negative. A good book and an enjoyable read.

It is on 20 some WL still for PBS so I will get it posted and hopefully mailed out in the next few days. The Au Pairs was requested and I agreed to do a deal and send Adrianne on the Edge with it for 1 credit. I didn't know how long it would take Adrianne to move so I figured why not, I still have way too many books to read and post yet.

Not sure what my next book will be, I have been looking at The Road by Cormac McCarthy but not sure if I want a depressing type book right now. May start it and also grab a 3rd book right away too. Still working on Polar Star, I am down to around 150 pages to go, I had pushed it to the background while trying to finish The Last Oracle these last few days.

By the way, I am now at 40 books read and it is the middle of July. I am very impressed with this for myself. I thought last year reading 30 was great so this is really just amazing for me. I don't know if I will be able to maintain the 6 a month pace but I think 60 for the year is very doable. So I guess that is my goal at this point, that would be 5 a month.

No comments: