Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Woman Who Knew Gandhi--#43 finished

This book was not what I thought it would be. I imagined I would learn more about Gandhi's life but was instead treated to the life of a 73 year old British woman and her relationships. It was still a good book. I liked that it was a reflective book in that the woman and her husband both in their 70s had to come to grips with her long distance relationship with Gandhi. It was interesting to see how even after spending 50 some years married that they struggled to communicate and really express their feelings to one another. Also how their children really didn't know how to react to everything going on as well.

Good characters, interesting time(few years after WWII) and overall just a good story. It was a good read. There is only 1 other copy on PBS so I have already posted it and hope it should go in the next few months but who knows. It was published in 2003 so not exactly a newer book though.

No comments: