Monday, March 9, 2009

The Last Patriot--#14 finished

I actually finished this book up a couple of days ago, but we had family in town staying with us so my computer time was very limited.  The Last Patriot is a good thriller type CIA/other good guy types vs Islamafacists.  An interesting story that incorporated the Barbary Coast pirates and Thomas Jefferson into today's war on terror and a big what if about Mohammed and the Koran.  I am not sure if the main character Scott Horvath is actually a recurring character for Brad Thor or not.  It kind of sounded like he could be.  In other words I am not sure if this book is part of a series or just by itself.  

I really liked the ease of reading it had with very short chapters.  This allowed me to read this book in short spurts and after a while it seemed I just kept at it.  Not great literature or anything but a good read for a thriller.

I have started reading Northern Sky by Mark Radcliffe a little over a week ago and I am still not sure why.  I have many books to read but started this one and so far don't really care for it.  I am only 38 pages in so I guess I could drop out but will probably stick with it.  Last night I also started reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards.  Only a few pages in so far, but I have known of this book for some a child with Down Syndrome is the key figure throughout.  I have also seen a few minutes of the movie, a made for TV thing--maybe Lifetime movie.  Of course I still have War & Peace also.  I really didn't have much time to read for the last few days though so need to get back on it, hopefully tonight.

No comments: