Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chasing Harry Winston--#13 finished

I had to finish this chic lit book before anyone actually saw me reading it, except my wife.  It was actually a good read, interesting characters that the book easily bounced between.  Three nearly 30 something women with relationship issues and how they worked and changed themselves in a year's period.  Nothing really deep or involved but a pager turner at least. 

I did enjoy that the characters had a normal feel about them, at least as normal as people with no financial pressures can be.  The men characters in the book were also not just what I was expecting that "men bad" type of character.  I don't think I am going to run out and read The Devil Wears Prada, but I might watch the movie if I see it on sometime.  My wife already went & saw it with her sister so probably won't be renting.

Not sure if a 3rd book will be started or not, I have The Last Patriot which was basically being ignored the last few days so might just spend time with it and War & Peace for now.  I do have plenty of books to crack though so might grab a 3rd sometime today, don't know yet.

No comments: