Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tin God--#67 finished

This is a book written by a Nebraskan writer, Terese Svoboda, she lives in Ogallala. This is one of the reasons I bought this book at a library sale. I have had it for probably a year or so and just kept putting off reading--like lots of others I have. Well I started it and really thought it just confusing and not really interesting. I stuck with it and it finished still confusing and not interesting too. The chapters alternated between a Spanish conquistador lots in the grass of the plains, to present day same land with troubled lives of a male dancer/drug dealer wanta be and a farmer friend and some other just plain weird people. I didn't really like this book. I think she wanted to show a real connection to the land between the people but I just couldn't get interested in any of the characters enough to care about it. Oh well, can't expect to like every book.

I have posted it on PBS, there was no WL for it and there were no other copies on the system so who knows when it will move--could be weeks or years I guess.

No comments: