Thursday, October 9, 2008

6 mile run

I was able to get a good run in today.  I had the day off work and just kind of goofed off in the morning.  Rose was running a temperature the last two days so she was home from school.  Debbie had some shopping to get done so I hung out.  I picked up Angie from pre-school at 11:30 and then after getting home got ready to head out for my run.

I decided I would go to Forest Park and do the loop around the park, which is just under 6 miles.  I figured I could cut it short at a couple of different points if things were going bad or my ankle started acting up again.  Well I was able to do the whole loop and added a little more to make it an even 6.0 per my Garmin.  I am pretty happy with my times of around 12:30, 12:40, 12:50, 13:19, 12:50 & 13:15.  I was a good kind of tired after finishing.  This shows me that I haven't lost all of my endurance but I do need to keep at it to get it back a little stronger.  I really need to get 3 runs in a week at the least, 4 would be better and 5 would just be dreaming.  Of course I should probably lose about 15 to 25 pounds also to really help my running.

After dinner we did a short walk to the playground behind our grade school and let the kids play for a while.  There was an extra kick ball out there so we played a little kick ball also.  Thomas & Angie were tired and a little cranky, alright so Thomas was a lot cranky.  That pretty much ended it and it did start getting dark so we just used that excuse.  Snacks and baths and bed for the kids.  I doubt I will be up too late tonight, I am feeling a little tired after that run today still.

No comments: