Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Fast Mile--for me

I was able to get a run in today.  I went for 4 miles.  Again it was a cooler day, temp somewhere in the 50's.  The first mile started downhill so I pushed it some from right at the beginning and just kept going.  It did have an uphill also and a stoplight I had to wait at for 10-15 seconds as well.  That first mile checked in at 10:11--my fastest mile in a very long time--not even close.  I finished up with the remaining 3 miles in the 11:50 range.  It was a very good run overall.  Not sure it was good enough to rethink my 5k time yet, but enough to make sure I ramp it up a little more during my upcoming runs.  

I would like to get another run in tomorrow but I am not expecting it.  Monday is PSR so I should be back out there then.  It will be interesting to see if I can keep up a decent speed on Monday since for over the last month Monday runs have been bad.  

No comments: