Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wed Run

It seems like all I am posting about is my running & what I am reading or books I have bought.  Throw in a couple of tidbits about the kids & that seems to be my blog.  Sorry if anyone is actually out there reading this, kind of boring stuff.  I think I posted something similar about a month or so ago as well.

Well, now that my disclaimer is out of the way, the run.  I did 5.25 tonight.  It was a good run and the average was under 12:00.  I don't have the average minutes per mile memorized but it was something like 11:10, 11:40, 11:20?, 10:50, and 12:15 and 12:20 the last .25.  Yes one of the middle miles was under 11 minutes, not sure if it was the 3rd or 4th mile though.  Again, I am happy with this.  Maybe I can go below 33 minutes for the 5k coming up in a week & a half.

We took Thomas to see a Dr today about looking into ADHD.  Going into the meeting I would say I was mostly against trying medicine, but after talking it over we are going to give it a try for a week or so.  Basically, per the Dr, we will be starting him on a low dose and it is a type of medicine that leaves the system in 10 to 12 hours, so taking him off at any time shouldn't be a problem.  He said that 70+% of children that start on the medicine show pretty quick results.  Since he is a handful, if this helps keep him focused to where he can do more in the classroom, I think it would be a real positive.  I am still a little torn about it though, because I don't want the medicine to take away Thomas' personality either.  We won't know until we try and there is really no reason not to try it either, at least in the short term.

Tampa lost the first game of the World Series to Philly.  I don't really have a horse in this race, but am cheering for Tampa.  They are a team with a lot of young talent that I have been kind of following for the last couple of years.  It should be a good series to watch.

No comments: