Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What I am reading

I am still working on Faith of My Fathers by John McCain & Mark Salter and have also started Bicycling Beyond the Divide by Daryl Farmer.  I have also grabbed Anthem by Ayn Rand but only read the intro so far--still deciding if I want to get into a 3rd book right now.

Anyway, on Faith of My Fathers, it is kind of interesting so far.  McCain's grandfather & father sound like tough Navy men, that persevered and attained the rank of Admiral in the Navy.  There are some good stories in the book so far, but it is just kind of getting into the current John McCain's life.

Bicycling Beyond the Divide is a true story about a guy that rode his bike from Colorado to the Pacific coast & back as a 20 year old and decided to do it again 20 years later.  Good stuff so far, only about 50 pages in though.  I got this book from one of my work friends that has really gotten into biking big time lately.  I am not much of a biker but the story of his journey should be interesting.

I only need 2 more books to get to my goal of 24 this year.  This goal should be in the bag.  By the way, I still haven' t looked back on my other goals yet, so just bare with me.

No comments: