Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 2 of 31 for 21

It is another late night, just like I predicted.  I had a class to go to after work tonight and then when I finally got home around 10pm, I spent 2 hours watching the VP debate.  A little listening & reading what people are saying & now here.

I thought it was a good debate.  The big story is that Palin did very well.  I think she was able to connect with the viewers and stuck to simple topics and stayed on campaign messages.  She avoided or at least side stepped some of the questions and follow ups that were not to her liking.  After the debate, her family and parents came up on stage.  Trig was there also and I got to see a momentary shot of his face, what a cute chubby face.  

I was probably at least as impressed with Biden as Palin though.  I wish the race was between him and McCain, I would probably still be voting for McCain but I would feel better about losing to Biden than Obama.  I think Biden did enough in the debate to hurt McCain, especially where he listed why McCain was not a maverick on the issues that matter today.  Maybe it was just Biden reminding me why I was not a supporter of McCain and really have more enthusiasm about voting for Palin than McCain.

I don't know if this does much for the overall campaigns as far as changing the percentages.  I think Palin's solid showing was disparately needed to change the momentum of the McCain campaign.  Should be interesting to see if any bounce comes from this in a few days.  I think it is next Tuesday for the next debate, so that is where McCain needs to do well to get back into this.

No comments: