Sunday, October 12, 2008

Desert Light--finished, #22

As far as novels go this one isn't very good.  I had a very hard time staying interested in the beginning and had to re-read a few chapters until I realized it didn't really matter and kind of glazed over it.  Somewhere around mid-way through though the book picked up.  I think it was around when Jenny, the female main character finally started playing a real part in the novel.  Unfortuately, even at this point actual details were seemingly left out, I guess so the reader can imagine and feel them in on their own.  Even the end of the book just kind of dropped off and left you with no answers.  Overall this is a certain not recommend for anyone at least from me.  

Now I will say that this was a first novel & guessing from when I check the author's own website, it appears he is a very successful writer.  I am glad to see that & I am sure that influenced why I read this book.  I think there is a real lesson here that writing like most things is a learning experience, the more you do hopefully the better you get.

If nothing else, I have read it & I can put it on the Paperback swap website if I ever get around to joining up.  Also this is book #22 read this year, only 2 away from my goal for the year.  I know I mentioned it a month or so ago, but I really need to look at that goal list & see what if anything has been done or is even possible to get done yet.  I guess I should make that one of my new goals--ha ha.

No comments: