Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quick Note

It is already pretty late so just a quick note.  I wasted time here late checking out Marathonguide.com and also some ultra-marathon stuff.  I know I finally get a couple of decent runs in & already way over planning.  I am going to be signing up for the 5k on 11/2.  It also sounds like I could be doing a 4 person marathon relay on 12/7 in Forest Park--still working out team/teams but sounds like enough interest to at least get one team together.

I know that if I commit to a Spring marathon or ultra or both that morning running will become a must.  I have been thinking about that for the last couple of days and I know I would need to get to sleep much earlier.  By the way here it is 1:30am and I am still just thinking about that.  Of course, with Rose's VB practice I already have a scheduled run tomorrow night so tomorrow morning would already be a bad idea.

I also did a little reading tonight in Bicycling Beyond the Divide.  An interesting book, it kind of bounces between how he is feeling and notes about where staying & who he meets.  I kind of like the whole no real format or structure to it, reads like a cleaned up journal.  I guess part of the appeal is that it is the kind of book I could see myself writing at some point.  Not the bicycling part but the style of book--unstructured thoughts and occurrences that just kind of happen & flow.

No comments: